RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE PNCC/YMS of R BOWLING TOURNAMENT
1. The tournament is open to USBC certified and non-certified bowlers. All participants in the tournament must be a member in good standing in one of the following:
- The Polish National Catholic Church (PNCC),
- The Polish National Union of America (PNU/Spójnia), or
- A bowling league sponsored by members/organizations of the PNCC.
2. The tournament has four divisions: Open, Women, Youth, and Spójnia.
- The Open division is open to all participants.
- The Women’s division is open to female participants only.
- The Youth division is open to male/female youth participants ages 13-17. As with the Open division, youth, 13-17 years old may participate with adult bowlers.
- The Spójnia Division is restricted to members of the Polish National Union of America/Spójnia. Members are allowed to participate in this division upon its approval.
3. HANDICAP – shall be 70% of the difference between the bowler’s average and 200 for all divisions, with no maximum.
4. AVERAGES – all bowlers in all divisions ofthe tournament must use one ofthe following for their average in the tournament (in this order):
- Highest average from the previous season, minimum 21 games.
- Highest average from the current season as of January 1.
- Tournament Average – a rolling four-year average of previous tournament competition.
- Highest average from the second previous season.
- All others must bowl scratch with a 200 average.
USBC Rule 3l9a (the 10-pin rule) applies in this toumament and must be used if the current season’s highest average is 10 pins or more higher than last season’s highest average.
Bowlers are responsible for the verification of their averages. Corrections may be made up to the end of the first game of the tournament, unless a written request is made to the National Toumament Committee for an extension to 48 hours after the toumament.
5. Schedules of the tournament events will be sent to each captain.
6. Lane assignments will be drawn at random by the Host Toumament Committee and bowling center management (as applicable).
7. Awards and cash prizes will be paid based on total handicap scores. Any bowler can only cash once in each event and will be paid the highest prize earned.
8. Bowlers in the Youth division are not eligible for cash prizes and will receive altemate awards. In addition, USBC Youth members and their parents/guardians are expected to review USBC Rule 400 prior to competing.
9. Prize monies will be returned 100%. The number of prizes paid will be based upon entries received and will be based on USBC guidelines.
10. All completed entries should be sent to:
2013 TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE
Chancery of the Western Diocese
920 N. Northwest Highway
Park Ridge, IL 60068-2358
11. Entry fees must be in the form of a check or money order and made payable to 2013 Tournament Committee and must accompany all entry forms. The deadline for submission of entries and payment is April 15, 2013.
12. The National Tournament Committee reserves all rights in rule interpretation, unusual circumstances, and enforcement and their decision shall be final.
13. USBC bylaws will apply in any situation not covered in these rules and regulations.